Wednesday, March 13, 2013

true to the spirit

A question was asked, "does #summitsunday need to occur on the 7th day?" After some thought, I've come to the conclusion that I don't think so, as long as it is true to the spirit of the day. I'll put it to a vote with the security council this weekend to make it official.

Here are some summits from the past couple weeks that didn't occur on that holy Sabbath day. I've borrowed the photos from PK, an Aussie buddy I've been sharing in some adventures with, and hope that linking to his blog is payment enough for the unauthorized dissemination of his property.

This first photo is from a 3hr combi ski (1.5hr skate, change gear, eat food, 1.5hr classic) at Tahoe Donner, which was effectively my first real training session since The Great Race. It felt good to get back into it.
At the end of Far Side at TDXC. Usually there is snow here. It's thin these days!
 This second photo is from a powder day last Friday at Alpine Meadows
Conducting the music to the soundtrack of my Life
Here is PK's blog. Follow it and get some tidbits of the life of a professional skier trying to make it to the show.

In comments I'd like to know whether you think extending the summits to other days cheapens the experience?

-Gussle

1 comment:

  1. A summit is a summit, perhaps its just a bit more special on a Sunday! Quality work mate!

    ReplyDelete